Vegan, gluten free and sugar free pancakes
Here is a breakfast recipe worth getting up for. This recipe is suitable for anyone looking for vegan, gluten free and sugar free pancakes. This is ideal if you are following an elimination diet. It does not contain any egg, sugar, milk or gluten.
Serves 5 large pancakes
For the pancake mix
- 355ml of water
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 120g buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the coulis
- 150g of raspberries (I use frozen ones; make sure they are thawed and drained)
- 1 small avocado
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 pomegranate
- 2 tbsp of toasted flaked almonds
- Mix all the pancake ingredients. Leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the coulis by blending all the ingredients.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan. Oil the pan with coconut oil. Add a spoonful of batter to make a pancake. Cook for a couple of minutes and flip over. Cook for another 2 minutes. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Take 1 pancake. Spread 1 tablespoon of coulis, sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and toasted flaked almond.