Cauliflower Risotto with asparagus and peas
This cauliflower risotto is a delicious alternative to the Italian version we are all fond of. But sometimes, you just want to try something new and this is a fabulous way to use up cauliflower. It tastes super fresh, light and full of flavours.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 stick of celery, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 250ml vegetable broth
- A medium cauliflower
- 3 tbsp of cream or oat cream (for dairy free option)
- 2 tbsp lemon zest, chopped finely
- 8 spears of asparagus
- 1/2 cup peas, frozen
- 1 small pack of coriander (leaves only, chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, sauté the onion, garlic, and celery for 3-4 minutes until the onion turns translucent. Add in two spoonfuls of the vegetable broth to soften the celery.
- Cut the cauliflower into chunks and place in a food processor or blender. Pulse for 4 to 5 seconds until the cauliflower has broken into small rice sized pieces. Do not over blend the cauliflower.
- Steam the asparagus for a few minutes until slightly tender. Remove from the pan and run under cold water to stop from cooking further. Cut the asparagus spears into four.
- Add the peas and cauliflower rice to the onion and celery mixture and stir to combine. Add in the remaining broth and cook for approximately 4 minutes until the cauliflower rice becomes tender but not mushy. Stir in the cream and lemon zest and once mixed add in the asparagus. Serve topped with shaved asparagus, lemon zest or parmesan.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Visit the recipe section of the website for more tasty ideas.