Sweet Potato and Chocolate Muffins
These muffins are full of nutrients and with a yummy soft texture and a naturally sweet taste, they will seduce all cake lovers.
Recipe adapted from Ambitious Kitchen
- 500g cooked sweet potato (2 medium potatoes baked in the oven)
- 200g spelt flour or wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil or butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125g full-fat natural yogurt
- 125ml milk
- 100g dark chocolate pieces
- Preheat the oven at 180 Celsius/gas mark 4.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners and spray the inside of them with oil — THIS IS IMPORTANT.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl mix together mashed sweet potato, eggs, honey, oil, vanilla, natural yogurt, and the milk until well combined, smooth and creamy. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in ½ chocolate pieces.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin liners, top each with a few chocolate pieces, and bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Cool muffins for 5 minutes then remove and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Muffins are best served warm and even better the next day.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Visit the recipe section of Savoir Fayre website for more tasty ideas.