Truly Delicious Gluten-Free Beetroot Pancakes
Nutritious Gluten-free Pancakes
Here is a recipe which will get people talking. Pancakes which include vegetables are always a bonus in our house. These pancakes not only look incredible and also taste lovely.
Serves 4 people
For the pancake mix
- 2 small beetroots (previously roasted)
- 150g gluten-free flour
- 50g oat flour (ground porridge oats)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp honey or 1 banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250ml milk of your choice
- Greek yogurt and raspberries
- or raspberry and pomegranate jam
- Add the flours and baking powder to a large bowl. In a separate bowl or jug mix together the eggs, honey and vanilla extract.
- Put the beetroots in a Nutribullet or blender. Add the milk and blitz until the beets are completely blended with the milk and you have a puree consistency. Add this puree to the egg mixture and whisk until combined.
- Finally, add this mixture to the flours and baking powder. Mix with a hand whisk until you have a classic pancake batter consistency.
- Melt some butter or coconut oil in a frying pan over low heat. Add some of the batter (the amount will depend on how thick or thin you want your pancakes to be – I use a large tablespoon as a measure) and cook for 2-3 minutes either side for thick pancakes or 1-2 minutes either side for crepes.
- Add your favourite topping and enjoy!
This recipe was adapted from a recipe by My Fussy Eater.
Other pancake recipes: