Homemade Ferrero Rocher
Suitable for GLUTEN FREE and VEGAN diets
These sweet delights are made with wholesome ingredients and are easy to make. Ideal for a special occasion like Christmas.
Recipe adapted from Giada Mazzer’s 5 Ingredient Healthy Ferrero Rocher Truffles.
- 100g roasted hazelnuts + extra for the garnish
- 100g walnuts
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/4 sea salt
- 70g dark chocolate (70 or 80%)
- Set aside roughly 20 hazelnuts for the centres of the Ferrero Rocher.
- Add the rest of the hazelnuts and walnuts into a food processor and blend until chopped into small pieces. Keep a couple of tablespoons for the garnish.
- Add the cacao powder and sea salt and blend again.
- Add the maple syrup, vanilla essence and coconut oil and blend until the ingredients start to stick together (you might have to scrape down the sides of your processor every so often).
- Roll the mixture into small balls and insert a hazelnut in the centre of each one.
- Place in the fridge to cool for 1 hour.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a simmering pan of boiling water, making sure the bowl does not touch the water.
- Get the balls out of the fridge. Cover with melted chocolate and immediately sprinkle chopped nuts.
- Place the balls in the freezer for 20-30 minutes to harden and store in the fridge.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Visit the recipe section of Savoir Fayre website for more tasty ideas.