Wild Salmon and Kale Soup
This wild salmon and kale soup is ideal for new mothers as well as the rest of the family. It is rich in omega 3 which is essential for brain health and it is also rich in nutrients with the kale and the squash. In fact, kale is classified as a superfood because it contains plenty of antioxidants (to keep you healthy and prevent chronic diseases) and it is full of nutrients. Adding one cup of kale gets you over 200% of your daily dose of vitamin A, 134% of your daily dose of vitamin C, and almost 700% of your daily dose of vitamin K. In addition, kale contains key minerals like manganese, potassium, and copper.
If you wish to make your own chicken stock (also called broth), you will find a recipe here.
This recipe is adapted from Healthy Green Kitchen
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 litre of vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 1 large or 2 small wild salmon fillets
- 2 handfuls of chopped kale (remove the stems)
- 1 handful of squash or pumpkin, peeled
- 2 tablespoons of Thai Fish Sauce
- 2 teaspoons organic brown sugar or coconut sugar
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander
- Place all ingredients except for the lime juice in a medium pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the fish is cooked through and the pumpkin or squash is tender (about 15 minutes).2. Ladle the soup into bowls and squeeze the lime juice over the top before serving.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Visit the recipe section of the website for more tasty ideas.