No-Bake Tahini Squares
A real treat for mums and the family (if any left!)
These little bites are simply delicious. A fabulous option when you fancy a treat which will still give you plenty of nutrients. Suitable for the whole family.
Ingredients (Makes 9 to 12 bars)
Recipe adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie
- 5 tablespoons Tahini (Sesame paste)
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 180g Quick oats
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder
- Optional: 1 tablespoon of dark chocolate pieces and 1 tablespoon of roasted sesame seeds
- Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Stir together the first three ingredients. Gently heat until the oil is melted and the tahini is easily stir-able.
- Whisk in the vanilla extract and salt, stirring until completely smooth.
- Stir in the quick oats and cocoa powder until evenly coated.
- Smooth into the prepared pan, and press down with a spoon as hard as you can. Really pack it in. Freeze until firm enough to cut. Leftovers can stay out a few hours, but I like to keep them in the freezer for optimum freshness, where they last a few weeks.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Visit the recipe section of Savoir Fayre website for more tasty ideas.